ECAP - polarised capacitor
Electrolytic capacitors have long been a standard in the development of electronic assemblies. The market offers a large number of manufacturers, although only a few can offer the entire technology and value chain from a single source.
Electrolytic capacitors [ECAP] are usually polarised electrochemical capacitors that achieve very high voltage values. In contrast to ultracaps, however, their capacity is many times lower. The core of an electrolytic capacitor is the anode metal, whose roughened surface is responsible for the relatively high specific capacity. For the high voltage capability, a thin oxidation layer is necessary, which acts as a dielectric.
The development of films and electrolytes form the technological heart of an ELCO manufacturer. Equally crucial is highly automated manufacturing. SAMWHA and AiSHi are two of our partners who fulfil this requirement.
We represent both brands in the D-A-CH region as distributor and representative respectively.
Buffering, storing, screening, smoothing
Typical applications of electrolytic capacitors are the screening and smoothing of rectified AC voltages and AC voltage components.
Other areas of application are:
- Buffering and intermediate storage in DC power supplies
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- in the intermediate circuit of frequency converters
- Energy storage for flash units
- Motor starters (starting capacitor)
- Crossovers of loudspeakers
- Smoothing of pulse-width modulation in LEDs, etc.
Elkos with large capacitance
Today, electrolytic capacitors with large capacitance, i.e. large can type, can be found in many applications such as in electrical systems, power supplies, chargers and on printed circuit boards. The variants range from applications with high ripple current or high temperatures to requirements for a service life of 10,000 hours at 105 °C. This shows that temperatures and load scenarios play a major role for all ELKO types, especially when assessing service life.
Miniature Al E-Caps
Small electrolytic capacitors with radial wire connectors
- Slim, miniaturized shape
- Low impedance
- Customized versiona for various markets
- High reliability and long life (20.000hrs)
- High ripple current at high frequency
- Customized products for various markets: PC, notebooks, smartphones, camera, LED
- Size: ∅4 - ∅18
- Voltage: 6,3V - 450V
- Capacitance: 2,2μF - 1.000μF
- ESR: < 10mΩ
- Life: up to 20.000 hrs (105°C) | 5.000 hrs (130°C)
- Automotive, PC, notebook, smartphone, camera, LED light
Hybrid Conductive Polymer
Excellent ripple/noise characteristics
Very low ESR
Excellent low temperature characteristics (-55 °C)
Elimination of short circuit risk (dielectric self recovery function)
- Motor control, auxiliary power supply for drive video record systems, pump control, DC-DC converter, 5G repeater, vacuum cleaner (BLDC motor), TV-SMPS, medical equipment.
SMT / chip type and wired type
- Designed for top surface mounting on densely populated PCBs
- Excellent residual ripple characteristics (Ripple & Noise
- Very low ESR
- Lifetime: 2,000 hrs at 105 °C
Large Al ECAPS
Aluminum electrolytic capacitors: High voltage
- High reliability and long life (20,000 hrs.)
- High voltage (600V)
- Snap-in terminal
- Screw Terminal Connection
- Household appliances, LED, notebook, industrial inverters, renewable energies